General Induction Training
Assembly points / muster areas and evacuation routes will be pointed out during local site induction. It is important to remember where these areas are, in the event of a fire or other emergency.
- Evacuation alarms on job sites may be a sound or bells.
- If the evacuation alarm is activated, immediately cease work, exit the job site and walk to the nearest Evacuation Assembly Area.
- In the event of a job site evacuation, follow directions given by Wardens and report to the warden at the Assembly area for Roll Call.
- Do not re-enter the job site or leave the assembly area until instructed to do so by your Responsible Officer or Incident Controller.
- Ensure that your vehicle/s and/or equipment do not block access for emergency vehicles.
- All personnel are to follow directions given by their Responsible Officer in a job site emergency.
If required to evacuate, it is important that all employees follow the evacuation procedures and instructions from Emergency Wardens and/or Security Services. It is also important that you present to your supervisor for a head-count, to ensure all people are accounted for.