General Induction Training
2. Understand OHS communication and reporting processes:
- Role and function of OHS representatives, committees or other OHS consultation arrangements
SAFETY REPRESENTATIVES AND COMMITTEES
Employees have the right to have a workplace occupational safety committee with elected employee representatives and appointed employer representatives. Employees also have the right to elect a safety and health representative. Consultation about safety and health matters is an important part of the Safety Representatives role.
Safety Representatives are elected by the workforce and must complete an accredited course with in the first 12 months of assuming the position.
Safety and Health Representative Roles include:
- Inspect the workplace
- Review circumstances surrounding workplace incidents
- Consulting with the employer and employees
- Assisting in the resolution of workplace health and safety issues
- Being present at interview relating to safety incidents in the workplace